Sunday, April 26, 2009

Summer Camp: Our Staff, Part 2...



A few weeks ago we started a series of articles featuring our “Senior Staff” members. True to our word this is the second installment. They are a passionate group of caring and talented individuals who love what they get to do for “work”. Our counselors always enjoy greeting old and new friends/campers as one summer camp session rolls into the next. The Lutheridge+Lutherock Senior Staff members believe summer should be a much longer season! To find out more about signing up for this years Summer Camp Sessions, log onto our website.

Hey! This is Drew Yoos, the Pioneer B Area Director for Summer 2009 at Lutheridge! Right now I am a senior at Furman University about to graduate with a degree in History and Philosophy. I am so excited about returning to Lutheridge for another summer! It is just a place where my creativity comes alive so I can share God's love with kids in different ways than what they are used to. Lutheridge is a place where kids can truly connect with God's creation and with others through games, fun, singing, and laughing. It's my hope that you or your child will share my excitement and join an incredible staff and me for a week of unforgettable times at Lutheridge.

Hi, I'm Jenna Quigley and will be a Lutheroad Area Director this summer. Currently, I am Junior Public Relations major at the University of South Carolina. I'm looking forward to this summer because I have the opportunity to spend it on top of a mountain, be surrounded by wonderful people, and have the chance to be a part of so many walks of faith. To me Lutheridge is a place that offers a place for fun, peace, and self-reflection. Lutheridge is a place where a mix of silliness and growth enables a week of learning in love and joy in Christ. A "place a-part" that is reminder of how a perception of life can be lived everywhere.

Greetings! My name is Ben Witcher and I'm going to be the Hill Top Area Director for this summer. I'm from Augusta, Georgia and I'll be graduating from Lenoir-Rhyne in May with a degree in Political Science. In all my summers as a camper, Lutheridge always offered me a time to recharge my spiritual batteries and rediscover the joys God's grace. I am excited about the opportunity to help build Christian communities with the campers and staff from week to week, and I pray that we can help each camper grow in their faith and relationship with God.

Hi - My name is Kyle Bates and will be the Pioneer A Area Director. Currently, I am senior Theology major at Lenoir Rhyne University. I'm looking forward to this summer because I can't wait to meet and help share the joy of Christ with campers! To me Lutheridge offers a week of lots of fun and faith with new friends!







Hi - I'm Kevin Kraus and will be the Dining Hall director for the summer of 2009. Currently, I am a senior at the University of Georgia, hoping to graduate soon with a degree in Geography, Atmospheric Science concentration. I'm looking forward to this summer because being at a place apart such as Lutheridge with tons of wacky, crazy kids just gives a big thrill to me, and I can't think of any better way to spend a summer. To me Lutheridge offers a week of pure crazy fun, friendship, laughter, and most importantly, some time with God and His creation.

See you this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment