Friday, February 20, 2009

Campfirmation...










When we receive letters, photos, and testimonials from our various program, guest groups, & camp attendees it always makes our hearts sing. These notes and emails reinforce our commitment to continue to bring you the best programs and services we can possibly offer.

Recently Pastor Mary Canniff-Kuhn, Lutheridge co-director of program, and coordinator of the summer Campfirmation program, received the following heartfelt email from Keith Buterbaugh, a Sunday school teacher at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Douglasville, Georgia:

“I have taught Sunday school for six years. Two years ago I was struggling; my class size was dwindling and my success rate was too. It had been a long while since I’d had one of those magic moments in my classroom where the kids face lights up, you can see the wheels turning and the light bulb comes on over their head. None of that was happening and I was starting to doubt myself. I prayed and waited. The Lord heard my prayer and when Sunday School started in September 2007, my class size had tripled over what it had been. One Sunday I asked the class the question ‘Have you ever felt like you were in the presence of God?’ I went on to describe the miracles I’d witnessed in life including when my children were born….Then it happened. A usually quiet, soft-spoken girl was bursting at the seams, wildly raising her hand and dying to share her story. ‘At Campfirmation this and at Campfirmation that’. There was no end to it. I just sat back and grinned and let her go on for 20 minutes. Now I’d like to thank you for making it possible.”

Keith, you are welcome. We think it is terrific to hear we are making a difference in a young person’s life.

Did you know that nearly 1000 confirmands attend Lutheridge+Lutherock each summer with their pastor to learn the catechism, to experience the joy of the Christ-centered camp communities and to witness the Christian role models of staff? Hundreds more come for a weekend “Faith Alive!” campfirmation experience at Lutheridge throughout the retreat season. Visit our website to learn more about the opportunities for camp, Confirmation Camp, and Faith Alive!

Do you have a story to share? It is always wonderful to hear your feedback and how our programs impact you, your family and your faith. If you know of someone or a group with a story to tell from their experience at Lutheridge, Lutherock, or Lutheranch, please let us know! Drop us an email today.

No comments:

Post a Comment