Friday, May 8, 2009

Summer Camp Our Staff Part 3...

At Lutheridge+Lutherock Camp and Conference Center we are blessed to have staff that continues to return year after year. It is nice to count on these special folks who make your childrens camp experiences rich and magical.
This is part 3 of our continuing series of articles featuring our "Summer Senior Staff".




Hi, I am Jen Bacher and I will be the Program Assistant at Lutherock. The first time I went to Lutherock as a camper I was homesick all week. Eleven years later, it’s hard for me to imagine a summer where I didn’t spend at least a week on that mountain. I was a camper for seven summers. Now I’m getting ready for my fourth year on staff, and I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my summer! As a camper, you learn a lot about yourself, facing challenges and growing in faith. And as a counselor you take all that knowledge and share it with your campers, challenging them, teaching them, and still growing in faith. Being a part of the Lutherock staff has been such an amazing blessing. I consider everyone I’ve worked with to be a part of my family, and I still talk to many of my campers. So much of my relationship with God has come from my experiences serving Him at Lutherock. I’ve come a long way from that first week as a homesick camper. Now I’m a campsick college student.

I am Liz Propst and I am blessed to be the dining hall director at camp this summer. At summer camp I keep an eye out for campers with food allergies and anyone who is missing home at mealtimes. Lutheridge offers campers the opportunity to live without all of their technology toys for a week and to live in a community …where relationships, laughter, and getting along with a variety of new friends is learned and practiced. Every week at camp I am overwhelmed with the joy in Jesus that is so alive at our Friday night closing campfire at the lake. This summer my oldest grandchild at four will be at Lutheridge Day Camp and I know that he will have a week where he is loved as a child of God and will be treated to a week of fun and growing in a safe and age appropriate week of activities under the guidance of well trained and enthusiastic Christ centered counselors.

Hi, I am Micah Miller and I will be at Lutherock this summer as the General Duty Crew Chief. I am a pastor’s kid; I went to church weekly, was part of the youth group and even was part of council to represent our youth. I struggled through high school trying to keep my faith. Nearing my senior year of high school my faith was gone. Seeing the struggles my father had, which eventually came into our home, there was no way I was going to believe in something that created this earth yet tore my family apart. As the year passed, I turned back to my faith life. I made new friends and started to reconnect with my family. During this time I became eligible to apply to as camp staff. It was a hard choice, but I knew I had to do something to regain my faith. I have now been on staff for several years and I can officially say camp has changed my life. It has changed the way I look at things, the way I treat others, and the way I worship God. Being on staff has brought enjoyment and excitement to my life. You build a Christian-based family with the staff. I believe my calling has been to help young teens, struggling with their faith, to stay strong and to never give up on their faith. Camp Lutherock is truly “a place apart.” It is a place were young adults and kids can come and find themselves, and their true faith.

Hi, I am Erin and I will be on Senior Staff at Camp Lutherock. I first attended Camp Lutherock during the summer of '98. Even though camp was a huge challenge for me that year, I fell in love and returned every summer after. My first summer on staff was in 2005. I spent 2 summers as a counselor, before coming back in 2008 as the Outdoor Adventure Program Area Director. In my free time I enjoy being outdoors, reading, working out, and spending time with family and friends. The ministry of LLMI and Lutherock have impacted my life greatly. My experiences at Lutherock enabled me to first accept my Christian faith as my own, rather than something that my parents chose for me. Lutherock has challenged me and caused me to grow as a person. I am stronger and more outgoing because of my time at camp.

Hi - I'm Andrea Stover and will be doing Lutheroad this summer. Currently, I am finishing my last semester at Lenoir-Rhyne University. I'm looking forward to this summer because I'll have the chance to learn about a new place and share God's love in different and exciting ways. Though I haven't spent a ton of time there, I can already tell that Lutheridge offers a place where everyone's loved and able to be themselves.

Yikes, summer is almost here have you signed up for our camp programs? This year we are offering, Drama, Music and the great Outdoors. We are looking forward to seeing you, log on to sign-up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment