Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer Camp: Our Staff, Part 4...

Summer is upon us, the weather has turned consistently warmer, the leaves are on the trees and flowers are everywhere. At Lutheridge+Lutherock we are geared up and ready for our favorite season. This article is the final installment of our Summer Camp staff. We hope you feel like you have gotten to know a bit about who they are and the passion and expertise they bring to "Summer Camp". They are all here waiting to meet you, the campers of 2009. See you soon.

Hi, I'm Megan and will be the Lutheroad Area Director. I graduated from the College of Charleston with a Bachelor's degree in 2007. I was a Spanish and Secondary Education Major. After graduating, I worked full-time for a year in Charleston. I was on summer staff here at Lutheridge in 2005 and in 2008. I also I studied ESL and received my TEFL certificate. For the past year I have been living in Hermosillo, Mexico teaching English. I'm looking forward to this summer because I want to help children grow in their faith in God and show them how important He is in their lives. To me Lutheridge offers a place where can grow in their faith while having fun at a beautiful place apart. I truly feel blessed to be able to take part in this amazing opportunity.

Hi! I am Karen Plonk and I will be KidzCamp Director and Scheduler for the summer of 2009. Currently I am the proud teacher of seventeen incredible first graders in Mount Pleasant, SC. I am looking forward to working at Lutheridge this summer because along my spiritual journey Lutheridge is always a favorite weekend stop. Now I can stay longer. I am so excited to be part of this summer’s team! Lutheridge is friendship, adventure, learning, laughs, songs, and a time away to feel God’s love in everything we do together.

Hello- My name is Elliott Cox and this summer I am pleased to be serving you as one of your General Duty Area Directors. I just recently graduated from Newberry College with a degree in Media Communications. After this summer I will be spending a year doing team ministry through Youth Encounter, traveling throughout the country and also spending four months overseas in Paupa New Guinea. I'm really excited about this opportunity to spread God's word throughout the world. One thing I'm looking forward to this summer is the opportunity to serve Lutheridge in a different capacity other than being a counselor. To me Lutheridge offers an opportunity to experience the real world; a world where sharing God's love with those around you is one of the most important things. This is just one of the many reasons why I love Lutheridge so much and keep coming back summer after summer.

My name is Chris Rivers and this will be my 4th year on the summer staff at Lutherock and I will be changing my role from counselor to be the OAP assistant. I was a camper for so many years at Lutherock and I knew it was a place that I wanted to work and change peoples lives. Over the last 3 summers working at Lutherock has changed my life and brought me closer to God. Seeing each and every one of my campers come to camp and have an amazing week, and see the joy of each of there faces is why I come back every year. Lutherock is truly a place apart and I can think of no other place to spend my summers.

Hi - I'm Liza Anne Ballentine and will be the waterfront director this summer! Currently, I am teaching preschool in Charleston, SC. I'm looking forward to this summer because Lutheridge is the greatest place on earth! I can't wait to spend time with silly children and grow in my own faith through the relationships I develop. To me Lutheridge offers an incredible week to have fun playing in God's creation with new friends while learning about Him and how wonderful He is!

If you have not signed up for camp, log on to our website and pick the program that is just right for you. We have special weeks and programs devoted to Music, Drama and outdoor activities. Don't wait sign-up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment